March 2, 2011

one upsetting day in Drogheda

My last few days in Drogheda for my outer GP were quite interesting. I had done 3 house visits so far, 2 of which I went to visit the patient alone. Not too bad, they are the nicest person I've ever met. But this wasn't the issue I’m going to babble about. Since my GP medical practice is the only Christian Medical Practice in Ireland, they will have a bible study every Wednesday during lunch time in the practice. They always ask me to join to give me a better understanding about Christian. But, I’m not really interested. Hence, I would always make excuses and tried to escape from the practice before they could notice me. So I did. I sneaked out half an hour before lunch before someone could say something to me. I hadn't really had a plan that afternoon so I thought maybe I could do bits of window shopping in town. I ended up buying a brown t-shirt from vero moda and had a lovely lunch in a restaurant named Mi Casa. It’s in the Laurence Shopping Centre, Drogheda. I ordered fish pie and hot choc.

fish pie and hot choc
I think the fish pie should be renamed as seafood pie since it also has prawns in it. Is prawn a fish?? no way. the stuff inside the bowl was basically prawns, vegs, carrots, salmon and smoked salmon in a white/cream sauce. The toast weren't that great. I think my B&B toast was better..haha. And the hot choc was not up to my standard either. I really enjoyed the fish pie, however this meal was a bit pricey. It cost me 12euro for all this and a great escape from bible study lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment